I present to you: Ron’s Survival Guide. To be used when the rest of the family is away in Cape Town.
- Make sure you have food that’s of the “put it in the microwave for five minutes” variety. Particularly if you can’t cook.
- Make sure you have some new trance livesets to listen to.
- Rent out some good films.
- Invite three of your friends over for a LAN at your place when it gets too lonely and too boring.
- Make sure that the dogs aren’t too much of a nuisance when aforementioned friends come over.
- If you’re really lucky, Telkom will pay you a surprise visit to check the local phone lines for ADSL connectivity. (As a follow-up, I phoned them this morning, and they still say that they’ll do the installation on the 18th.)
- There was a #7, but I’ve forgotten it now.