These come courtesy of Megan (an old friend of mine), who has recently driven down from Durban to Stellenbosch to start studying at Maties. Having recently done the Cape Town to Durban roadtrip myself (albeit the N1-N5-N3 route, whereas Megan followed the N2 down the coast), I definitely agree with these!
- The driver picks the music.
- “Aww, I like this song!” trumps rule #1.
- If you stop at a township, you have to take a shot. Pun not intended.
- No car flirting in the Transkei, there are only trucks on the road. [Ron — this also applies to anywhere on the N3!]
- Fist pumps are acceptable, and indeed welcomed.
- Don’t say “I’m going to crash early tonight” when still on roadtrip. “I’m moeg” will suffice.
- If you are not the driver, you don’t need to see.
I’ll add more as I think of them. If you have any good ideas, feel free to leave them in the comments below…