This has been doing the rounds lately amongst a few of my Facebook friends. Ordinarily, I wouldn’t reproduce something like this, but as I agree with all the points made, I believe that an exception can be made here.
I have no idea who the original author is; if anyone knows, please let me know so that I can properly credit him/her.
So, here is: How To Care For Your Introvert…
- Respect their need for privacy.
- Never embarrass them in public.
- Let them observe first in new situations.
- Give them time to think, don’t demand answers.
- Don’t interrupt them.
- Give them advance notice of expected changes in their lives.
- Give them 15 minute warnings to finish whatever they are doing.
- Reprimand them privately.
- Teach them new skills privately.
- Enable them to find one best friend who has similar interests and abilities.
- Don’t push them to make lots of friends.
- Respect their introversion, don’t try to remake them into extroverts.